life

10 Quotes to Inspire you to take little steps towards big goals

Thursday, April 21, 2016


I have lots of ideas swirling in my little head.  I have BIG goals for Sparklers.  LOTS of projects, dreams, ventures,.........literally pages and pages of ideas.  GOOD ideas!

But I have no idea where to start.  I don't want to jump in with one project, because I should probably do this first.  And I don't want to begin this idea, because I don't really know all the ins and outs of it yet.  And I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to start offering this product, but I don't really have them means to get it off the ground yet.

So I sit.

I stare at my list.

And 15 minutes turns into over an hour, and I am no closer to reaching my goals than I was when I began this morning.  And this isn't just a "today" thing.  This has been going on for months!  Dare I say years!

I get overwhelmed and scared.  I start obsessing about how much I need to do to make everything happen, and then I start thinking of all the ways I could fail, and then I decide that I need to have EVERY duck in a row before I start.

But the thing is.............. MORE DUCKS KEEP SHOWING UP!

I've had to learn to let the ducks go!  What I mean by that is, I've had to learn that it's okay if I don't know how I'm going to do everything.  It's okay if I keep getting more ideas.  It's okay if things don't work out the way I planned.  The key is I just have to start.  Start somewhere.  Start ANYWHERE. Just get to work.  Once I get to work, my tasks don't seem so overwhelming.  They kind of just flow into each other.

Start by making a commitment to do one thing each day that gets you closer to where you want to be.

Just one thing!  That doesn't seem so scary!

It's the collection of little things everyday, that will get you to your big end goal.  It doesn't just happen overnight!  It's the steps you take each day that will move you along in your journey.  But you don't have to take my word for it!

Check out these quotes to get you inspired to tackle those dreams!


1.  “You need to be content with small steps. That's all life is. Small steps that you take every day so when you look back down the road it all adds up and you know you covered some distance. It took me a long time to accept that, but it's true. You need to have patience."  - Katie Kacvinsy
2.  "Great things are done by a series of small things brought together." - Vincent Van Gogh

3.  “It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.” ~ Old Chinese Proverb 

4.  “Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” ~ Chinese Proverb 


5.  “Have a bias toward action – let’s see something happen now. You can break that big plan into small steps and take the first step right away.” ~ Indira Ghandi 


6.  “Do small things with great love.” ~ Mother Theresa


7.  “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.” ~ Robert Louis Stevenson 


8.  “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking you complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” ~ Mark Twain 

9.  “The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but on significance – and then even the small steps and little victories along your path with take on greater meaning.” ~ Oprah Winfrey

10.  "Big things have small beginnings."  - Promethus





You Might Also Like

0 comments