Sweet16 Summer - Week 2

Tuesday, June 21, 2016


"Because the greatest part of a road trip isn't arriving at your destination.  It's all the wild stuff that happens along the way."


Can you really describe summer without at least one road trip?  This summer make a plan, pack your bags and hit the road.  Or not!  Last summer I woke up one Thursday morning, planning on cleaning the house and then taking the kids to the pool.  But after a phone call from my hubby (who was working up in Oregon at the time) I yelled to my kids, "Grab whatever clean clothes you have, feed the cat and meet me in the car in a half hour!"

We took a very spontaneous road trip from Utah to Oregon, just me and my three kids, and it is one of my favorite memories.  My kids loved seeing that Mom can get wild, and I loved spending 2 days in the car with them.  We played games, we talked, we sang and danced to rap music.  We rolled down the windows and surfed the wind with our hands.  We stopped at lots of gas stations and ate way too much crap food.  But it was an adventure.

This week plan a road trip.  Take one as a family, grab your love and head out for the weekend, or grab your girlfriends and getaway.  Don't worry about making good time.  Just focus on the time you have together.  Get adventurous and go somewhere you've never been.  

Don't have a lot of time off?  Take a day trip.  Explore somewhere that is 2-3 hours away from you.  Stop and eat at local Ma & Pa shops.  Stop and take pictures.  Just stop and enjoy being free.  Stop the busy.  Stop the to-do list.  Take a road trip, and explore life!

Check out the latest issue of Sparklers Magazine for Tips on Road Trips with kids.

Plus, check the blog this whole week for ideas to make your road trip the one to remember.  Make 2016 the sweetest ever with us, and #sweet16summer.




You Might Also Like

0 comments