recipes

Cinnamon Honey Butter Recipe

Tuesday, November 10, 2015


I don't know about you, but when the weather gets cooler, my family craves bread, rolls and biscuits with dinner.  In fact, they want them for after school snacks too!  My family LOVES bread!  I could take it or leave it, but with this cinnamon honey butter, I usually choose to take it.

There is just something so comforting about a nice warm dinner bread.  During the majority of the year, I have to admit, we are not the best about gathering around the dinner table for dinner.  We are a busy family of five, and we aren't always all together for dinner, so we end up eating at the counter, by the T.V., in my bed (yes, sometimes I just need a break and I'll go upstairs and eat in my bed and watch netflix!)  Usually we the only day I can count on for family dinners at the table, is Sunday.

BUT in the fall!  Everything slows down this time a year a bit.  My hubby doesn't work as many long hours, the kids don't have as many soccer games or practices, we aren't tired from spending the day at Lagoon, we aren't rushing here and there.  It gets darker earlier, and I feel like making dinner more often.  In the fall, we gather around the table more.  We talk about our day, and we butter a few rolls!

Let me tell you,....you need this recipe!  It's not only delicious but it's a family togetherness conductor!  (I don't know if that's a real thing, but it sounds good!)  Your kids will want to linger around the table a little longer, talking, laughing, sharing and eating yummy rolls with cinnamon honey butter.

It's also a fantastic neighbor gift!  I made some for the girls I visit teach and brought it to them this month.  It's easy, affordable, yummy AND a thoughtful gift!  So here's the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 2 sticks butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions

  1. Whip all ingredients together until smooth.  (I used my stand alone mixer, but you can whip by hand too.)
  2. Put in cute jars.
  3. Store however you store your butter.  If you refrigerate your butter, pull out about a half hour before serving to soften. .

You Might Also Like

0 comments