celebrate

Thanksgiving Table Setting Inspiration

Thursday, November 05, 2015

I love a good tablescape!  (is this a word?)

I so wish I could have my table set at all times, but that just isn't practical for my family seeing as how my dining table is also used for an art desk, a puzzle table, a homework station and to occasionally eat from!  In an ideal world, it would always look perfect and set and ready to sit and eat at!

I think that is why I am so in love with Sunday dinners and special occasions.  Because I actually set the table and make an effort to make it a gathering to celebrate.  Setting the table doesn't have to be expensive or stressful.  For these four ideas, I just went through my craft stash and found things that I loved.



For the first one I used ribbon from the Dollar Tree, and a pine cone from my back yard.  Super easy, but it fancies up the table a bit, and announces that its a special dinner.






This second one is so farm chic!  I used gold Washi Tape from my stash and attached notebook paper to the plate with "I'm grateful for....." for your guests to ponder while waiting for dinner.  I tied a napkin with ribbon and florals from my craft stash.  You could use any floral stem here.




This third one is again, ribbon and a min frame from the Dollar Spot.  I had this hounds tooth fabric and the burlap in my craft stash.  Then I just decorated with white pumpkins I bought at Target.




For this last one, I just used different plates that I have, showing that you can mix and match any dishware that you may have.  It doesn't have to all match, or be fancy.  I painted a pumpkin from the Dollar Tree gold, and then used fabric from my fabric stash.


I hope these ideas gave you some inspiration to look through your stuff, make a trip to the Dollar Tree and make your family dinners something to celebrate!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Quite inspiring ideas for thanks giving table arrangements. I am planning to book one of the lovely Los Angeles venues for my cousin’s engagement next month. Helping her in getting a perfect outfit for the occasion. Hope she looks pretty in her wedding outfit.

    ReplyDelete