celebrate

Gratitude Table Runner

Wednesday, November 04, 2015


One of my family's FAVORITE tradition is the gratitude runner!

We love when the calendar turns to November and the home gets nice and cozy!  I take the Halloween decor down just add the pumpkin, spice, flannel and all things warm!

When the kids were little, this is how we would celebrate our gratitude.

We made this gratitude garland years ago, (you may have seen it circulate around the web!)

Now the Table Runner is our thing!  We put down a piece of butcher paper, tape it to the table and throw out a few sharpies.  


I love that when we sit down to dinner as a family, we can find new things that someone has written down.  We even invite the guests we have visit our home to write down something they are thankful for.  

My favorite thing about this season, is seeing my children recognize their blessings.  Life is hard, but when you have a grateful heart, the days are so much easier.  

I remember last year my 15 year old had a bunch of friends over after school, and I walk downstairs to see 6 teenage boys huddled around the table, reading the thankful thoughts and adding their own. We had like 9 "soccer" written down that year.  

At the end of the month, I take a few pictures of it, and then take it down, and count down the months until we can do it again.

How do you bring grateful hearts into your family home?

You Might Also Like

0 comments