beyoutiful

Flannel Tunic Tutorial

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Hello there!  It's getting cold around these here parts, so naturally it's time to pull out the skinny jeans and leggings!


I am a firm believer that your rear needs to be covered when you are wearing leggings, but it seems that the stores don't always agree with me!

I am also in love with Flannels.  They are cozy and warm and scream IT's AUTUMN!!!

I had this brilliant idea one day at my weekly thrifting outing to get some men's extra large flannels, and upcycle them to make the perfect Fall Flannel tunic!

The results were what I was after!  I can't wait to make more of these cuties!!!


First - Hit up your local thrift store and pick out a flannel that is long enough to cover your rear.
(These next pictures won't be very good, I took them while I was recovering from my hysterectomy, and I honestly didn't care what they looked like.  I just wanted to get it done and get back in bed.  I wish now, that I would have cared!  Sorry!)

Second - measure how much in on the sides you want to have your shirt cut in.  I needed about 2 inches on each side.  Then pin each side.


Third - Cut off the sleeves at the seem.  Now  you can re-hem your sleeves, but I left mine raw and got a fun little frayed look around the arm holes.

Fourth - Trim sides to the pins

Fifth - Sew up the sides and VOILA!!!!  You are done!!!  Easy Peasy!!!



I think it's the perfect look for fall.  Layer over a long sleeve shirt, add a sweater, or cardigan for extra layering.  Wear it with skinny jeans or leggings!  You really can't go wrong with this look!

Have fun, and let me know if you try it!




You Might Also Like

0 comments