recipes

Captain Crunch Chicken Strips

Thursday, February 04, 2016


On my first year wedding anniversary we were 8 months pregnant and broke!  We couldn't afford a fancy night out so we decided on going on a lunch date instead.  We settled on Planet Hollywood.  
I got the Captain Crunch Chicken, and let me tell you, life changing.
I immediately, (well, not immediately, I had a baby.  But as soon as I felt energized enough!) went to work on creating a recipe.  I didn't have a deep fryer, so I had to try to figure out a way to bake them and keep the yummy integrity of them.
After years of trying to perfect my recipe, I think I finally have it.  And everyone LOVES them.  In fact, I want some right now.
Baked Captain Crunch Chicken Fingers
  • 3 cups Cap’n Crunch cereal, crushed
  • 2 lbs chicken tenders
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Put the Cap'n Crunch cereal in one bowl.  Combine the egg and milk in another bowl. Combine the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper in another bowl. Dip the chicken tenders into the flour mix, then into the egg mix, and then coat with the crushed cereal. Arrange tenders on a baking sheet (line with foil and sprayed with PAM). Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife. Serve with dip


You Might Also Like

0 comments