celebrate

Carved Log Tutorial

Thursday, February 04, 2016


A few years ago, my husband and I decided to have a Valentine's Day gift challenge.  (que game show music.)  I LOVE games and my hubby likes to make me happy.  So the rules of our game were simple, we had to make each other a Valentine's Day gift and/or spend only $5.

Game On!

I thought and I thought, and I was having a hard time coming up with something that he would like. Everything I found was too cutesy or over our budget, so I was stumped.  (Ha!)

Then one day I saw on the side of the road a beautiful fallen tree.  I had an idea!

This project was so super easy.  You will need 1 log stump and a caring chisel set.

First make sure one end of the log is flat and even, so that it will stand even on your table.  Then draw a heart and your initials on the log with a ball point pen.  I kind of put some pressure on the drawing, so that it was indented into the wood a bit.  Then I took my chisel and went to work.  It took a little bit of strength and time, but I LOVE how it turned out.  This is one of our my favorite decor pieces in my home.

And the Valentine Gift Challenge?  My hubby loved it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments