crafts

Must Try January DIY's

Tuesday, January 05, 2016



Every year, I take down Christmas and my home looks so un-inspiring and blah!  I miss the twinkle, the glow, the excitement!  The days are cold and dark, and it's so easy to get the winter blues.

This year, try to keep on top of those blues with a few easy DIY's to keep yourself, motivated, creative and inspired!

One of my favorite ways to decorate for winter is with big blankets and cozy pillows!  It invites warmth and cuddling!  Two of my favorite things.

This Chunky Blanket looks perfect!  It's a 45 minute arm knitted blanket!  What the What!??  Have you tried one of these!?  I think I need to this winter!

How to Arm Knit a Blanket in 45 Minutes! www.SimplyMaggie.com
Blanket How To

And while you are de-cluttering and cleaning out your home and closets, save some of those winter sweaters to make some pillows.  I have done this before and I love them.


Sweater Pillow


One of the easiest and most effective ways to decorate for winter is with candles.  I love the glow of candles at night, after dinner, when we are all gathered in the living room, reading, watching T.V. or talking.  It just feels like family to me!







































Jar Candle

Another simple way to decorate for winter is to re-use some of your less "Christmas-ish" Christmas decorations.  I made these beautiful winter trees a few years ago, and I keep these out on my buffet long after I put my Christmas decorations away.


Cone Trees

Looking for something to do with the kids!?  I love these snowflakes made out of popsicle sticks.  Hang them on a bare wall and you have instant winter decor!
pop

Snowflakes


We hope you liked these tips for winter decorating.  If you are still looking for some inspiration on freshening up your home for the the new year, check out our Instagram giveaway of a flower delivery.  Hurry!  Ends Monday January 11th.


You Might Also Like

0 comments