Sweet Me

Sweet-16, Get Movin'

Monday, January 18, 2016

I like to Move it, Move it!

We all know that exercising regularly leads to a healthy and balanced lifestyle. But sometimes it is so hard to muster up the energy to get off of the sofa and move our bodies.  But if we think outside of the box, exercising can be not only rewarding, but fun!
Are you joining us and Sweet-Me for the Sweet-16 Challenge?
If not you totally should, it's going to be inspiring and fun, we promise!

January's challenge for The Sweet-16 is our Health.  We are focusing on getting a better nights sleep, drinking more water, eating for fuel, taking time to relax and movement.

It's so important to get your body moving on a daily basis.  It's not only good for your physical health, but it's vital for your mental health as well.  Your body was made to move.  You will gain confidence, strength and improve your mood!

There are a lot of ways to get moving without having to step in the gym.  If your like me, I have a hard time committing to "working out."  I never make the time, I'm not consistent and I honestly don't really like to do it.  But this last year I had to have two surgeries within just a few months of each other, and it really took a tole on my body.  My body is weak now, I get tired easily, and although my health is better, I have let my body take a back seat.

So I am committed to get moving again, and warm myself up to using my body again.

Here are 10 ways to "exercise" without "working out!"

1.  Dance!  This is my favorite.  I love to go in my room, blast the music and dance!  
2.  Go on a bike ride.  Your kids will love you for this.
3.  Go for a walk.  Call up your BFF and go walk and talk.  Therapy and movement.
4.  Play!  Gather some friends and your kids and play a game of soccer, basketball or tag!
5.  Go sledding!  Find a big hill to walk up!
6.  Go skiing and take full advantage of the winter weather.
7.  Go swimming.
8.  Take a hike!  
9.  Walk the Dog!  Or volunteer to walk someone else's.
10.  Run.  

It really doesn't matter what you do, just move!



You Might Also Like

0 comments